Ferrando Institute of Spirituality (FIS), founded on 20 June 2009, a daring venture of the Congregation is the first of its kind in Northeast India. Its first Director was Sr. Philomena Mathew. It has a programme of studies meant mainly to prepare missionaries, Formators, educators and leaders. It also provide opportunities for the on-going formation of the sisters.
Ferrando Institute of Spirituality consists of the following five departments:
- Department of Diploma in MSMHC Spirituality: 10 months’ course for the Junior Sisters.
- Department of Master’s Degree in MSMHC Spirituality: A 2 year programme with emphasis on the Spirituality of MSMHC Congregation.
- Department of History: To implement historical and research studies on matters related to the Congregation, especially it founder, charism, spirit, spirituality, history, formation and leadership. It will also organize at least one major seminar every year for the Congregation on any relevant topics and periodically make known the fruits of the studies and researches in the form books, booklets, articles or audio-visual materials.
- Department of on-going Formation: To cater to those in on-going formation, especially for Formators, Leaders of Provinces and Communities, Head of the Intuitions, Sisters engaged in the work of evangelization and other apostolate of the Congregation.
- Department of Publication: To take care of the publication of periodicals, papers of yearly seminars, writings of Sisters and audio-visual aids for various apostolate of the Congregation.
Every year the spirituality course commences on 1 July and concludes on 20 June, the death anniversary of Bishop Ferrando, the Founder of the Congregation.